Implementation Working Group
The Chemical Sector Coordinating Council (CSCC), the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Infrastructure Protection (IP), and the National Cyber Security Division (NCSD) of the DHS Office of Cybersecurity and Communications (CS&C) facilitated the development of numerous resources with volunteers from the chemical sector and industry stakeholder organizations.
Working Group Members
- American Chemistry Council
- Air Products
- Catalyst 35
- Department of Homeland Security
- Eastman Chemical Company
- National Petrochemical and Refiners Association
- Western Refining
The plan for implementing the voluntary actions under the Roadmap was developed with the following assumptions:
- DHS expects a sector approach.
- The chemical sector has responsibility for implementation in its sector.
- The chemical sector will continue to participate in cross-sector Roadmap initiatives to leverage the efforts of other sectors.
The CSCC began their support for the Roadmap Implementation Plan in November 2010. The CSCC Implementation Working Group has identified the following milestones as priority areas:
- Milestone 1.1: “Establish an industry-driven awareness effort to communicate information relating to the cybersecurity threats, vulnerabilities, and risks and the availability of accepted practices, tools, and training materials to the chemical sector.”
- Milestone 1.2: “Create metrics for benchmarking cybersecurity posture.”
- Milestone 4.1: “Create a secure forum for sharing cyber threat and incident response information throughout the chemical sector.”